Saturday, January 3, 2009

What is wrong with the Avs?

I would spend this blog ripping on the Avs but Adrian Dater pretty much summed up my thoughts already.

Granato will shake up the lines for tomorrows game. I can't believe it took him so long to put Wolski at center. Wolski wants to play center, can play center, and the Avs top two centers are injured. Apparently, Granto has seen the light though.

Not sure I like the idea of Hejduk play left wing though. Plus Smyth and Hejduk play pretty well together.

I am of the opinion that the Avs should start look at trading some of their older tough guy forwards such as Laperriere and Tucker for some younger players. Per Ledin should get a shot. The Avs need a spark and Ledin would do a pretty good job of doing that. Unlike most speculators I believe the only defensemen the Avs should trade is Clark. He's just expensive and he has some value.

The Avs need to get younger in a hurry because Sakic, Foote and the Foppa Saga won't be around forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment